beaktastic

Heart says

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, and make life wonder how the FUCK you did it. Here’s what’s what: I go by many names: Becky, Beaks, Heart, Red, Squirrel, the Phantom Giggler, Teapot, Beckatron Farmfoods and (reluctantly) Pordie. I'm ginger. And proud of it! I'm from the BEST city in England, aka. NEWCASTLE! And no, I don't have a geordie accent. I have an older sister. I have two gorgeous miniature schnauzers called Fizz and Pepper. <3 I went to a private school for girls. And had a good time. And met some amazing friends. I went to Uni in York. I had an AMAZING time and loved it so much. And I met some amazing friends. I'm studying Archaeology. I love Japanese culture. I like Anime. And video games. So? I've worked in pubs since I was 16. I have a facebook addiction :/ I love dancing around to music in my room. I have a thing about punctuality. And quotes. I LOVE TAKING PHOTOS! :D Langwith till I die!

American Gods
Neil Gaiman
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
Richelle Mead
The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) - Julie Kagawa The third book of the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I enjoyed this book, although not as much as I enjoyed the first book. My actual rating would be 3.5 stars.

Meghan Chase is the half-human daughter of the King of the Summer Court of Faeries, Oberon. She is friends with Puck and in love with the Prince of the Winter Court, Ash. In fact, Ash and Meghan's love is forbidden and for that they have been banished from the Nevernever. But the false Iron King is still gathering power and the Iron Realm is slowly destroying the Nevernever, and Meghan is their only hope to stop its spread.

The story is very similar to the previous books. Meghan, Ash and Puck embark on a quest that takes them into the Iron Realm, where Grimalkin appears every time they need help or some witty remarks. It's very similar to the previous stories, only this time Meghan does a little more fighting and stuff although she is still quite damsel-in-distress-y, although she has grown out of her more serious teenage mopey-ness from the previous book.

There were some nice new additions to the cast as well, like Razor (who was just so cute!) and Glitch I quite liked by the end as well. I wish we could have seen more of some characters from previous books as well, particularly Tiaothin who has completely disappeared from the narrative and I thought it would have been nice to see her again.

I have to say as well that I quite liked the ending. It wasn't a stereotypical cliche everyone ends up happy ending and I liked that it wasn't. But it also sets up nicely for book 4 (which is apparently from Ash's perspective and I'm not sure how I feel about that) and another trilogy.

Yeah, I don't really have much else to say about this!

Overall, I liked the book and thought it was quite a nice ending to this first trilogy in the Iron Fey series, although it was a little bit of a repeat of previous books.